Invitation of Bids for
Rehabilitation of Existing 33 kV Transmission Line
Tender No: NEA/BRO/2074/075-01
(First Date of publication: 26th September 2017)
1. The Government of Nepal (GoN) has allocated funds towards the cost of Rehabilitation of Existing 33 kV
( Anarmani &ndash~Chandragadhi )Transmission Line and intends to apply part of the funds to cover eligible
payments under the Contract for NEA/BRO/2074/075-02. Bidding is open to all eligible Nepalese and
2. Nepal Electricity Authority invites sealed bids or electronic bids from eligible bidders for the
construction/ Rehabilitation of Existing 33 kV(Anarmani &ndash~Chandragadhi )Transmission Line under
National Competitive Bidding (NCB) &ndash~ Two Envelope Bidding procedures.
Only eligible bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this bidding:
Minimum Average Annual Turnover of the best 3 years within the last 10 years: NRs. 1,62,45,850.00
Minimum Work experience of similar size and nature: At least One Project and value
3. Eligible Bidders may obtain further information and inspect the Bidding Documents at the office Address
given below or may visit NEA website www.eproc.nea.org.np.
4. A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased on or before 25 October, 2017during office
hours from below office by eligible Bidders on the submission of a written application, along with the
copy of Company/Firm registration certificates and upon payments of non-refundable fee of Nepali
Rupees 5,000.00 in a form of bank receipt/voucher for fee deposited in NEA current account
Number: 0706017500018 at Nabil Bank, Biratnagar, Morang, Nepal. If so requested, the bidding
document can also be sent by post/courier services upon payment of additional fee of NRs.5,000.00.
However, NEA will not be responsible for delay or non-delivery of the document so sent.
For the purpose of the Bidder who chooses to submit their bid electronically through e-procurement section of
NEA&rsquo~s website http://www.eproc.nea.org.np the bidder may either purchase the hardcopy of bidding
documents or may chose to download the necessary part of the Bidding Documents prepare their bid and
submit their electronic bids as specified in the Instruction to the Bidders (ITB)/ Bid data Sheet (BDS).
5. Sealed or electronic bids must be submitted to the below office on or before 12.00 hrs., on 27 October,
2017. Bids received after this deadline shall not be accepted.
6. The bids will be opened in the presence of Bidders'~ representatives who choose to attend at 14.00 hrs on
27 October, 2017 at the below office. The bids must be valid for a period of 120 days counting from the
date of bid opening and must be accompanied by bid security amount not less than NRs. 9,42,500.00
must be delivered to the office of Biratnagar Regional Office , Biratnagar which shall be valid for
minimum 30 days beyond the bid validity period.
If bidder wishes to submit the Bid Security in the form of cash, the cash should be deposited in NEA,
Biratnagar Regional Office , Biratnagar , Morang A/C No. 0706017500016 at Nabil Bank , Biratnagar ,
Morang , Nepal and submit the receipt of the deposited amount of cash along with the bid .
Nepal Electricity Authority Vol.-I : Technical Bid
Biratnagar Regional Office
Anarmani &ndash~ Chandragadhi , Nepal
Contract Id No.: NEA/BRO/2074/075-02"~Rehabilitation of Anarmani-Chandragadhi 33kv Transmission Line (Turnkey"~)
Page 5 of 225
7. If the last date of purchasing and /or submission falls on a government holiday, then the next working day
shall be considered as the last date. In such case the validity period of the bid security shall remain the same
as specified for the original last date of bid submission.
8. The employer reserves the right to accept or reject, wholly or partly any or all the bids without assigning
Nepal Electricity Authority,
Distribution and Consumer Services Directorate,
Biratnagar Regional Office
Phone No.: 021-436306, Fax No.: 021-436153