Nepal Electricity Authority
Medium Generation Operation and Maintenance Department
Sunkoshi Hydropower Station
Invitation for Bids
Notice No.: 2073/74
First Date of Publication:17thBhadra, 2074
Nepal Electricity Authority, Generation Directorate, Medium Generation Operation and Maintenance Department , Sunkoshi Hydropower Station invites sealed bids or electronic bids from eligible bidders for theconstruction of "~Steel Plate Jacketing Work on face of Piers of SHPS"~and Contract No : SHPS-073/74-CT-06-Re under National Competitive Biddingprocedures. Biddings open to all eligible Nepalese and Bidders.
- Only eligible bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this bidding:
Minimum Average Annual Construction Turnover of the best 3 years within the last 10 years: ~ NRs 7.5million
Minimum Work experience of similar size and nature: At least 1 (One) project within the last 10 (ten) years, with a value of with at least
NRs 3 million (30 lakh)
- Eligible Bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents at the Office of Nepal Electricity Authority, Generation Directorate, Medium Generation Operation and Maintenance Department, Durbarmarg, Kathmandu or Sunkoshi Hydropower Station, Lamosanghu, Sindhupalchowk (Tel : 011-482155) or may visit NEA website http://www.nea.org.npe-procurement section.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased from the above office of Nepal Electricity Authority, Generation Directorate, Medium Generation Operation and Maintenance Department, Durbarmarg, Kathmandu or Sunkoshi Hydropower Station, Lamosanghu, Sindhupalchowk by eligible Bidders on the submission of a written application, along with the Notarized copy of company/firm registration certificate, VAT Registration Certifications, Tax clearance certificate for the FY 2072/073 and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of NRs 3000 (Three Thousand)within the office hour on or before 17thAshwin, 2074.
Bidders who choose to submit their bid electronically may purchase the hard copy of bidding documents as mentioned above or may download bidding documents for e-submission from NEA website http://www.nea.org.np, prepare their bid and submit their electronic bids as specified in the instructions to bidder. In case the bidder chooses to download and submit bid electronically, the bidder shall be required to deposit the cost of bidding document as specified in Project Office (Deposit) a/c as specified below and scanned copy(*.pdf format) of the bank deposit voucher shall be uploaded by the ~ bidder ~ at ~ the ~ time ~ of electronic submission of the bids.
Information to deposit the cost of bidding document in Bank:
Sunkoshi Hydropower Station, Lamosangu, Sindhupalchowk
Name of Bank: Rastriya Banijya Bank Limited, Dhulikhel, Kavre
Deposit - Current ~ Account No.:104010002001
Information to deposit the Bid Security Amount
Sunkoshi Hydropower Station, Lamosangu, Sindhupalchowk
~ Name of Bank: RastriyaBanijya Bank Limited, Dhulikhel, Kavre
~ Deposit - Current ~ Account No.:104010002001
- Pre-Bid Meeting shall be held at the Sunkoshi Hydropower Station, Lamoshangu, Sindhupalchowk,12:00 hour on 21st day from the first notice publication date.
- The purchased bid documents shall be sealed in an envelope addressing to the Station manager, Sunkoshi Hydropower Station, Lamoshangu, Sindhupalchowkindicating name of the contract, contract identification number, name of the bidder&rsquo~s firm and its address. The Bid must be submitted to the office of Nepal Electricity Authority, Sunkoshi Hydropower Station, Lamoshangu, Sindhupalchowk on or before 12:00 Hours on 18thAshwin,2074. Alternatively, bidders may submit their bid electronically through e-procurement section in NEA website http://www.nea.org.np as specified in the instruction to bidders.
- Bids shall be opened in the presence of Bidders'~ representatives who choose to attend at 14:00 hour on 18th Ashwin,2074at the office of Nepal Electricity Authority, Sunkoshi Hydropower Station, Lamoshangu, Sindhupalchowk on or before 12:00 Hours on 18th Ashwin,2074.Non-attendance of any or all of the Bidders'~ representatives shall not hinder the opening of the bids. Bids must be valid for a period of 120 days after the date of bid opening.
- Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of minimum amount NRs 140Thousand (1.40 Lakh) either in the form of bank voucher confirming cash deposit in deposit account no. as specified above or a bid bond (unconditional bank guarantee) issued by "~A"~ Class commercial Bank as approved by Nepal Rastra Bank. The Bid Security shall be valid for 30 days beyond the bid validity period, i.e. minimum 120 days after the date of bid opening.
-  ~ If the last date of purchasing and /or submission falls on a government holiday, then the next working day shall be considered as the last date. In such case the validity period of the bid security shall remain the same as specified for the original last date of bid submission.
- Upon notification from the employer, the bidders who choose to submit a bid electronically shall deliver his/her all necessary original documents comprising bids and supporting documents attested duly by a public notary to Generation Directorate, Medium Operation and Maintenance Department, Durbarmarg, Kathmandu within date and time set in the employer'~s request. Non submission of hard copy of original documents comprising bids and supporting documents within date and time set in the employer'~s request shall be treated as a non-responsive bid and such bid will be rejected.
- In case of bid submitted electronically, the bidder&rsquo~s name, registered during downloading and uploading process shall be identical. If discrepancy in the bidder&rsquo~s name is found, the bid shall be rejected. Further e-bidders shall submit their Withdrawal, Modification or Substitution if any, only through e-bidding process. E-bidders'~ Withdrawal, Modification or Substitution in a form of Hard Copies shall not be accepted. ~